Frequently Asked Questions

Am I insured to drive a car whilst abroad?

You are covered for emergency medical treatment, curtailment and personal accident whilst driving a car in addition to normal cover for your belongings in the event that they are damaged in an accident. However, you are not covered for personal liability, whilst in possession or use of a mechanically propelled vehicle, which includes car’s, campervans etc.

This means that if you have an accident and injure someone you will not be covered to make a claim with us. For this reason, please ensure that you have appropriate insurance cover with the owner or the hire company that supply the vehicle to you.

Related Questions