Frequently Asked Questions

Would you insure me to travel to a country that the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office or the World Health Organisation has advised against travel to?

If you choose to travel against Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advice (that is to a country, specific area, or event when the FCDO, or other regulatory authority in a country to/from which you are travelling, has advised against all or all but essential travel) our policies will continue to provide cover for any insured losses unrelated to the specific reasons for the travel advice/restrictions.

For example, should you travel against FCDO or other regulatory authority advice that is in place due to COVID-19, your policy will not provide cover if you suffer with COVID-19 when abroad, but would provide cover for claims that are not directly or indirectly linked to COVID-19 for instance if you broke your leg.