Frequently Asked Questions

Would a Coverwise policy provide cover for me to work abroad?

Coverwise travel insurance policies provide cover for administrative, clerical non-manual occupations as standard.

Cover is also in place for fruit or vegetable picking as long as it does not involve the use of any motorised and/or mechanical machinery or power tools.

Additionally, cover is available for students working as councillors or on university exchanges for practical non-manual course work.

It is important to note that there is no cover for personal liability whilst working abroad or within the UK.

Examples of work or occupations that fall outside the scope of a Coverwise policy are any form of manual work whether full time, part time or occasional, including DIY when using power tools or being on any form of ladder or step. Professional entertaining (such as cruise ship dancers), professional sports, retail occupations or working as a nanny or au pair.

The above list of exclusions is not exhaustive, so please call us on 01903 255 650 to discuss your plans if the work you intend to undertake does not fall within the occupations covered as standard.