Travel Disruption Cover (Silver, Gold and Platinum policies only).
We are delighted to announce the launch of our optional Travel Disruption cover for unexpected natural events and catastrophes, Foreign Office warnings, the insolvency of accommodation providers and overbooking by airlines, all of which could seriously disrupt your journey.
Our Travel Disruption cover has been designed to offer you protection for the unexpected events that can fall outside the scope of many travel insurance policies and extends the benefits under the Cancellation, Departure Delay and Missed Departure sections of your policy if:
- your journey is affected by tsunamis, volcanic eruptions and/or volcanic ash clouds, earthquakes, explosions, avalanches and hurricanes.
- you are stranded overseas and need to get home following Foreign Office advice for UK nationals to evacuate the area.
- you are unable to use your pre-booked accommodation as a result of the insolvency of your accommodation provider or their booking agents.
- your accommodation becomes uninhabitable as a result of an outbreak of food poisoning or infectious disease.
- you are denied boarding because the airline has overbooked your flights.
Cover is offered at each stage of your journey – before you reach your destination, while you are at your destination and on the way home. Please select the ‘Full Details’ link on the cascade for further information or see our policy wordings.